Pages

Monday, January 30, 2006

here we go again

Tomorrow starts yet another semester in what seems to be the never ending cycle of school that my life has become. My second semester of seminary will hopefully be better than the first. In previous entries here I blogged about the questions and doubts I was having about being here at all, but God has dispelled all the doubts and answered all the questions. Plus, I got my schedule worked out much better this semester. I'm taking:

Intro to New Testament II
History of the Baptists
Survey of Christian Ethics
Greek Syntax and Exegesis

I got my classes worked out so that I'm only in school on Tuesday's and Thursday's. The first three classes listed above will be back to back from 1:30-5:35 p.m. on both days. Then on Thursday I'll take Greek from 7:00-10:00 p.m. This will be so much better than last semester. Then I was in class Tuesday-Friday. I had 5 classes on Tues and Thurs, 2 on Wed, and 1 on Fri. Plus I would have a class, then a break, then a few more classes, then another break, then another class. In between all that I had to try to fit in some work hours.

And to top everything off, my stack of reading this semester has decreased by approximately 7 inches. The only scary thing with the reading is the fact that my professor for Baptist History authored 3 of the 5 assigned books, and coauthored one of the other ones. That should be a challenging class, but interesting.

Now that school is starting back, and I will have to be a little more disciplined with my time, I am going to try to return to blogging more regularly. Hope you'll all tune in.

2 comments:

Mark said...

I hope your new year goes well and the classes challenge you, but don't lose you! It's always a little intimidating when your lecturer wrote all the books on the subject, but at least you know it'll be well taught.

Thanks for your comment over on my blog.

rob said...

Thanks John. So far the classes have been great. But we're only two days into it so we'll see.