Pages

Sunday, January 01, 2006

amazing things you can find on the internet

Awhile back I was doing some random Google searches, (this was obviously not during this past semester of seminary) and I came across the site of the USS Fletcher. This was one of the ships my father served on during World War II. For those of you that know me and are wondering how my father could possibly have served that long ago, I was born very late in my parents' lives. My mom was 44 and my dad was 3 days shy of 49 when I was born. Anyway, I started surfing around the site just to see what was there. I started looking through the photos and found a couple that made me say "Hey, Dad has that picture in his memorabilia." Then it happened. I actually found a picture of my dad among the pics of WWII crews. He's standing in the back row all the way to the left. The internet is an amazing thing. My father died in 1979, long before the vast majority of people had ever heard of even the precursor to the internet, and yet now, 26 years later, I can find pictures of him on the web. What an amazing tool we have to share information, and more importantly to spread the gospel.