Pages

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

another step down

Well, I have taken one more step toward becoming a chaplain candidate. After my Greek Review class yesterday I drove up to Wright Patterson Air Force Base in Dayton, Ohio for my commissioning physical today. I spent the day being poked and prodded and running from building to building to get everything done and get all the paperwork filled out. Ah the efficiency of miltary paperwork. This was the first time I have been back on a military base since I got out of the Army in April 2000 and it felt great. Even though this was my first trip to WPAFB it felt like I was coming home. It's amazing how much the military lifestyle can get into your blood. But I digress. Now that everything is done my application will go up to the Department of Defense and we begin the waiting game. As soon as they sign off on it I will be commissioned as a Second Lieutenant in the Air Force Reserves. I've been told that it has been taking about 90 days for applications to be approved, but the length of the wait has been steadily coming down from 7 or 8 months 2 years ago to 90 days a month ago. Hopefully it's still coming down. Well, that's about it for tonight. I need to go study some more Greek.

No comments: