Pages

Saturday, June 11, 2005

Ramble relocation

For those of you who may not have heard, our family is on the move again. For several years now, actually since before I left the Army, I have had recurring thoughts of returning to the military as a chaplain. I've always dismissed these thoughts for a variety of reasons that I won't go into here. Well, about 2 months ago this thought recurred yet again and this time I couldn't ignore it. Through a series of events over the course of about a week God confirmed to me that He wanted me to pursue becoming a chaplain. To make a long story short, Dee Dee and I visited The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in April and felt that God was confirming that we should apply. So we are off to Louisville, KY to begin my seminary training in August. Once there I will apply to the Chaplain candidate program with the U.S. Air Force.

No comments: