Pages

Sunday, June 19, 2005

5 weeks

We're down to about 5 weeks until we move to Louisville, Kentucky and the nerves are starting to set in. Currently I don't have a job for when we get there, we have no place to live, and we're not sure how we're going to pay for anything. I know, that sounds insane, but we are trusting that since God has called us to go there, he will provide a way for us to make a living while we are there.

I've signed up for a couple of affiliate deals which will provide a small amount of money through this website. That's why you see the Google search box and ads on the side of the page. Anytime someone uses the search box and clicks on the links on the results page, or clicks on the ads on this page, I will receive a small amount of the advertising revenue from Google. I will also be adding some other links in the near future to some other Christian websites. I'll let you know how those work when I get them up and running if anyone would like to help us out by using the links.

On another note, Dee Dee pointed out something else that proved to us that God has called us to seminary at this particular point in time. When I was accepted to the Master's program that I am currently finishing up (today is the last day of the session, Yay!) I was scheduled to start in the middle of a term, in May of 2004. A day or so after being accepted I got a phone call saying that they had had someone drop out and were wondering if I would like to start early. I said sure, so I ended up starting at the beginning of a term, in April, 5 1/2 weeks earlier than I was scheduled to start. Doesn't sound like much until you realize that if I had started when I was scheduled I wouldn't be done for another 7 1/2 weeks from today (there's a 2 week gap between each 11 week term) which would mean I wouldn't be able to start seminary until January, which would mean I probably would not have enough time to be accepted to the Chaplain Candidate Program before I was over the age limit. Isn't it cool when God does stuff like that in our lives to prove to us that He is the one who is ultimately in control?

No comments: