Pages

Friday, March 03, 2006

some companies still believe in customer service

As I'm sure many others have, I have long been decrying the general decline in customer service in our culture. The old adage of "the customer is always right" seems to have been pitched out the window in favor of an "I just show up to get my paycheck and I don't care what you want" type of attitude. Well, today I found one company that still has excellent customer service. I ordered some of my books for this semester through Christianbook.com. One of the books was on back order so it was not shipped out with the others. I checked my account yesterday and noticed that the back ordered book had indeed been shipped, 2 weeks ago. I called Christianbook today. As is common a computer answered and gave me a list of options to choose from. But it was only 2 options as opposed to the confusing list of possibilities at many other companies. I selected my option and was placed on hold ... for a total of about 3 seconds. The person that answered listened to my explanation then asked for the order number. When she pulled up my order she said "Yep, it would probably be there by now so we'll reship it." I was flabbergasted. In a world where we have to navigate increasingly confusing automated phone systems, and then explain our problems to 17 different levels of management before being told that it's not the company's fault and that there is nothing they can do to rectify the situation, here is one company that still believes in customer satisfaction. I'll definitely be ordering more from them in the future.

2 comments:

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ said...

Found your site through Blog Explosion. Thanks for sharing. Since you are in the ministry and have children, when you have the chance, please read about our son at: http://matthewsstory.com/
Please feel free to share it as well.

Thank you & God's blessings.

Norm & Loni VS
Christians in Michigan
Parents of 9 on earth & 5 in heaven

Philip Del Ricci said...

Rob:

When your needs turn to Catholic materials, please check out WWW.Liguori.Org (my employer). If anything, I think we sometimes inconvenience the customer in our attempt to help them.

My BLOG frequently deals with my work at Liguori. I hope you'll stop by.

Peace,

P. Del Ricci - Dark Glass