Pages

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

anniversary

It was one year ago today that God set in motion the events that would lead us to apply to the Air Force Chaplain Candidate Program. For those that have been following this blog you probably already know the story, but in case anyone wants to read the details you can find them here. As I stated in my last post I found out that I have been accepted into the program. Well, I have received my letter of appointment and this past Friday we drove to Cullman, AL to meet Dee Dee's parents so that her dad (who is a retired Air Force officer) could swear me in as a 2nd Lieutenant in the Air Force Reserve. All that's left now is to get the final paperwork in so that I can receive my orders to attend training this summer. This has been a long process and at times we wondered if we were really following God's plan. But every step of the way He has revealed to us that we are doing what He wants us to do. Thanks for all the support and especially for all the prayers that so many have offered up for us over the past year. They really mean alot to us.

2 comments:

Philip Del Ricci said...

Congratulations. I think you are entering into an important but frequently underappreciated field. I will keep you and those you minister to in my thoughts.

Peace,

P. Del Ricci - Dark Glass

Anonymous said...

I was surfing via Blog Explosion and thought I would say hello! I am a Christian, happily married sahm of two little boys and getting ready to homeschool this fall. Cullman, AL caught my eye - we live about an hour away! Have a good day!