Pages

Monday, March 20, 2006

into the blue

Well it's official now. I just got off the phone with my recruiter and he has received my letter of appointment as a 2nd Lieutenant in the Air Force Reserve. All that's left now is for me to be sworn in and to contact the Chaplain Candidate Office to have my orders cut for this summer's training classes. I'm not sure yet exactly when we'll get the oath accomplished. I have asked my father-in-law, who is a retired Air Force officer, to swear me in, so we have to wait till they can wrap things up in Louisiana with his dad and drive up. This has been an incredibly long year of working towards this point but we have seen the hand of God on us throughout the process. We continue to pray that he would guide us and we continue to covet your prayers as we prepare for this next phase in our lives. I'll be gone for 6 weeks this summer so Dee Dee will need lots of prayers and support to make it through that time with 3 kids and no family in the area.

Well I better cut this off. I have two mid-terms this week and I need to get to studying. I post more details later.

3 comments:

ann said...

rob - that's wonderful! i had no doubts.

He is glorified by your life... and don't worry about dee dee = we'll make sure her support system is firmly in place.

much love, my friends!

ann

The Complimenting Commenter said...

Congrats. I hope that everything works out and you do well. Great job and way to help the country.

Himself said...

Well done my brother, My prayers will go with you!