Pages

Monday, January 07, 2008

square peg, round hole

Ever been somewhere--church, school, job, wherever--and felt like the proverbial square peg in a round hole. I've been feeling that a lot lately. It's not that I'm trying to force myself, or being forced, into positions that I don't fit. This is occurring in places where once I fit into the slot like a hand into a glove. I just can't tell if I've changed shape or if the hole has altered shape around me. I guess it's a little bit, or possibly even a lot, of both. But regardless of which shape has been altered I know that I no longer fit correctly in some of the places where I am and I need a change. Pray with me that I would make the change that God wants for me to make.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I can totally relate. After being in the pulpit for 12 years, I left my church to come to SBTS and the last 6 months have been gut wrenching for me. The worst part is that my wife and four kids have followed my ups and downs (mostly downs) right with me. In my small rural church I felt too academic at times and now that I am SBTS I just want to preach. If it were not for the Army Chaplaincy, I think I would have gone mad. Maybe I will go full time when I graduate...