Pages

Thursday, July 07, 2005

the longest/shortest week in the history of the world

Ever have one of those weeks that seem to both drag by and speed past both at the same time? Starting last Friday we have had a whirlwind of a week. The girls went to spend the night with my sister on Friday and Dee Dee and I left Owen with my mom and went shopping for a new laptop that evening. I found a great deal on one at BestBuy. Saturday we were doing some packing and then were invited to dinner at a friend's house. Sunday we had a single combined worship service (something that Parkview desperately needed) and then went to lunch at the house of one of our members. Monday the girls wanted to go swimming so we went to the pool that morning, came home and got cleaned up then went to my Mom's for a family lunch for the 4th of July. When that was over we went over to a friends house for a cookout around supper time. We made it home in time to watch some fireworks on TV (I know, I know, it's just not the same, but I wasn't going to fight the crowds to see the show down on the river here in Baton Rouge). Tuesday we were invited over to some more friends' house for dinner. Wednesday I ran around at lunch time and after work looking for some accessories I needed for the laptop, and then we ended up at my Mom's for dinner. Tonight, we had a farewell party at yet another friend's house with our Sunday School class since some of them will be out of town this weekend for a Chi Alpha reunion in Ruston, LA.

Whew, it sounds like even more when you write it all out like that. Looking back over the past 7 days at times it seems like it all passed by in a flash and at other times it seems like last Friday was months ago. And it's not over yet. Tomorrow at least we'll be able to sleep in, but then we have our last Parents' Night Out at the church. Dee Dee and I are going out to dinner with two of our best friends here in Baton Rouge. Saturday morning I have my online "graduation" from the master's program I just completed through Colorado Tech. Sunday we have Parent/Child Dedication at the church, plus it will be our last Sunday so there will be many goodbyes to be said. Monday Ashtyn leaves for GA Camp. Next Friday night we will get together with my family to say goodbye. And sometime in all of this we have to find time to pack up our belongings, close out our accounts, and prepare to move 12 1/2 hours away.

No comments: