Pages

Friday, July 01, 2005

the packing has begun

I guess it's official now. We're moving. We have actually begun packing. The living room is already looking pretty bare. All the pictures are off the walls, the knick-knacks are wrapped in bubble wrap and placed in boxes and the book case is essentially empty. It's funny how you never really notice all the little decorations in the house until they're gone. Sitting here right now looking at the bare walls with just nail heads sticking out it seems so spartan and unlived in. Once we leave this apartment the only evidence that we were ever here will be the nail holes in the walls.

I pray that something different can be said about the people that we leave behind. Dee Dee has many close friends who are heartbroken to see us leave. I know guys are different and don't show emotion the way that women do in situations like this, and I'm fine with that by the way. But I just wonder if I've made that type of connection with anyone here. I guess if I have to wonder about it, I probably haven't. I just pray that I leave behind more than scars on the walls of the lives of people I've come in contact with here in Baton Rouge.

No comments: